WELCOME TO THE MARVEL AVENGERS ALLIANCE UNOFFICIAL FORUM
*PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING*

The future of this forum

Come here to discuss general topics, not specific to either PVE or PVP.

Moderator: Logistic Division

Drsteve57
Level 1 clearanceLevel 1 clearance
Agent's info

Re: The future of this forum

PostTue Sep 06, 2016 7:15 pm#7235

ddlooping wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:00 pm
I quite like the idea of "assemble" too, aksm. :)
MANIACAL AGENTS ASSEMBLE!

ddlooping
DirectorDirector
Agent's info
OP

PostTue Sep 06, 2016 10:35 pm#7260

Drsteve57 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:15 pm
It'd be great if the forum stayed Marvel-centric (mainly because of "agents") but I'm hoping it won't. :)
Unless a new Marvel game comes out and most of us play it and/or we get an influx of players of other Marvel games. ;)

DScottHewitt
Level 2 clearanceLevel 2 clearance
Agent's info

PostWed Sep 07, 2016 3:11 pm#7315

ddlooping wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:35 pm
Drsteve57 wrote:
It'd be great if the forum stayed Marvel-centric (mainly because of "agents") but I'm hoping it won't. :)
Unless a new Marvel game comes out and most of us play it and/or we get an influx of players of other Marvel games. ;)
I know I said I would not follow PlayDom to another Marvel game, but let's be honest. I probably will .

Won't {STILL} be happy about how they handled MAA, But I will probably play "Marvel Avengers Assemble" or whatever comes from them.

I just hate starting over, like the ones playing MAA on PlayDom had to......

I still feel for them.

sat-yr-9
Trainee agentTrainee agent
Agent's info

PostWed Sep 07, 2016 3:40 pm#7317

I'm reluctant to commit to another game like this one. On the one hand, I don't want to put all my time and energy (and heart) into a game that can be suddenly taken away. On the other hand, I do love all things Marvel.

Angui
Agent's info

PostSat Sep 17, 2016 9:55 am#7885

Well, not well, that's new, nothing new.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! New computer and catching up. Will post on a regular basis again.

WarpedLord
Agent's info

PostSun Sep 18, 2016 9:31 pm#7918

DScottHewitt wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:11 pm
ddlooping wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:35 pm
Drsteve57 wrote:
I know I said I would not follow PlayDom to another Marvel game, but let's be honest. I probably will .

Won't {STILL} be happy about how they handled MAA, But I will probably play "Marvel Avengers Assemble" or whatever comes from them.

I just hate starting over, like the ones playing MAA on PlayDom had to......

I still feel for them.
That's not something we really need to worry about anymore. There more or less officially is no PD anymore, now that the entire staff has been let go. They weren't always my favorite company, but it's sad to hear about everyone losing their jobs.
"Bucket List" Progress: Complete... just waiting for the end to come.
Missing Heroes: None
Non-15 Heroes: None - Missing EIsos: None - Missing AIsos: None
Mighty Weapons to Upgrade: None

ddlooping
DirectorDirector
Agent's info
OP

PostWed Sep 21, 2016 8:02 pm#7977

Angui wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:55 am
Damn, I'm off on holiday for a week and the forum dies? :/

Sylthren
Agent's info

PostThu Sep 22, 2016 8:11 am#7993

ddlooping wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:02 pm
Angui wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:55 am
Damn, I'm off on holiday for a week and the forum dies? :/
It's not dead yet. It can be reborn, still, as something new. Honestly it will likely languish for a bit come October, but if a solid direction is established going forward, it needn't die. A concise mission is all you need (I know you've been working toward that).

busterwilde3
Agent's info

PostSun Sep 25, 2016 6:36 am#8057

I don't really see this forum continuing for very long without some kind of common thread. With the game closing, most people have more or less ticked everything off their bucket list and are more and more closing their browser window for the last time.

I pop on here every couple days but don't ever see much activity outside the game threads, which I can't imagine will be active for much longer in the coming weeks. The subforums, while varied, aren't really why people are here. If people want to discuss anime they've been watching on a forum, odds are pretty good they already have a forum they do that on :P

You might be able to keep it going if you shift the primary focus of the forums to one specific thing, rather than leaving it a general "everyday watercooler discussion" board. But as for what, I couldn't say.

ddlooping
DirectorDirector
Agent's info
OP

PostSun Sep 25, 2016 10:35 am#8061

busterwilde3 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:36 am
I don't really see this forum continuing for very long without some kind of common thread. With the game closing, most people have more or less ticked everything off their bucket list and are more and more closing their browser window for the last time.

I pop on here every couple days but don't ever see much activity outside the game threads, which I can't imagine will be active for much longer in the coming weeks. The subforums, while varied, aren't really why people are here. If people want to discuss anime they've been watching on a forum, odds are pretty good they already have a forum they do that on :P

You might be able to keep it going if you shift the primary focus of the forums to one specific thing, rather than leaving it a general "everyday watercooler discussion" board. But as for what, I couldn't say.
I agree and it has been my point of view right from the announcement of the demise of M:AA.
However, I was hoping we could get some members of the numerous Facebook M:AA groups to migrate here, having played the same game for so long being the "common thread" between us, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Finding a specific thing that interests the current members while attracting new ones and that is not being discussed in other, bigger, older forums is no easy task. I can't think of any right now.
I will probably keep the forum open regardless in the hope that most of you will not cancel your membership, so that if ever there's a new Marvel (or other) game that comes out that we all play the forum will then become its new "unofficial" one.
If that doesn't happen and the forum dies I'll close it when the domain name registration expires in about 9 months time.

ddlooping
DirectorDirector
Agent's info
OP

PostTue Sep 27, 2016 5:11 pm#8091

I guess it's time to create a main M:AA section and to transfer all the related ones to it. :cry:

Edit: maybe not, there are 3 more days to go. :oops:

Destor
Agent's info

PostTue Sep 27, 2016 5:13 pm#8092

ddlooping wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:11 pm
I guess it's time to create a main M:AA section and to transfer all the related ones to it. :cry:
Thats heart breaking

Inbox me for an add. LVL 300 daily player.

ddlooping
DirectorDirector
Agent's info
OP

PostSun Oct 09, 2016 3:00 pm#8426

Hi all :)

How about making the forum into an "unofficial" DC-Comics Legends one? :bb:
Are there many of you who are going to give the game a try?

Angui
Agent's info

PostSun Oct 09, 2016 3:15 pm#8429

I honestly don't know.

I'm trying to use the forum, but for me it's more something for other Marvel games, Marvel movies, or Marvel TV shows. DC Comics Legends is something I'd like to see how I like it. That's all.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! New computer and catching up. Will post on a regular basis again.

ddlooping
DirectorDirector
Agent's info
OP

PostSun Oct 09, 2016 4:07 pm#8431

Angui wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:15 pm
I honestly don't know.

I'm trying to use the forum, but for me it's more something for other Marvel games, Marvel movies, or Marvel TV shows.
I'd rather keep the forum Marvel-centric too. If only they released a new game. :/
Maybe I should re-organise the forum (once again) to give more importance to all things Marvel. :???:
Angui wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:15 pm
DC Comics Legends is something I'd like to see how I like it. That's all.
I also would like to see what it's like before to commit to anything

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General discussion”