WELCOME TO THE MARVEL AVENGERS ALLIANCE UNOFFICIAL FORUM
*PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING*

It's pretty clear...

Come here to discuss MAA2 general topics, not specific to either PVE or PVP.

Moderator: Logistic Division

WarpedLord
Trainee agentTrainee agent
Agent's info

Re: It's pretty clear...

PostTue Sep 06, 2016 2:54 pm#7190

Demolition Man wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:37 pm
It's certainly possible that the decision not to try to restore the forums was related to knowledge of the games closing or the possibility/probability of the games closing, but I don't see any case for a stronger connection than that.
This seems not only possible, but highly probable.

It's a biiiiiiiit of a stretch, but I could even believe that the hack contributed to the decision to shut the game down.
"Bucket List" Progress: Complete... just waiting for the end to come.
Missing Heroes: None
Non-15 Heroes: None - Missing EIsos: None - Missing AIsos: None
Mighty Weapons to Upgrade: None

Demolition Man
Level 2 clearanceLevel 2 clearance
Agent's info

PostTue Sep 06, 2016 3:07 pm#7192

WarpedLord wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:54 pm
It's a biiiiiiiit of a stretch, but I could even believe that the hack contributed to the decision to shut the game down.
That seems like a huge stretch. I think it's easy to lose sight of how tiny the commenting gamers are in comparison to the actual players.

Agent Steelers
Agent's info

PostTue Sep 06, 2016 3:42 pm#7202

Demolition Man wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:37 pm
Plus, they were not exposed in any way by ignoring complaints in those forums - the forums never were an official channel for customer service, and any comments made by Disney employees were done at their own discretion and on their own time. It's certainly possible that the decision not to try to restore the forums was related to knowledge of the games closing or the possibility/probability of the games closing, but I don't see any case for a stronger connection than that.
Not all the way true, Slinky was on the job and it is her job to monitor and maintain the social media and forums. So she was on the job and directed in most part by DI. As for the forums not coming back I do believe that it was a decision by upper management, I'm pretty sure that the forums were borked and to fix them or get new ones would have costed resources and when trying to get those funds was denied. Most likely by upper management that either decided or talking about the game closing, or they have been wanting to forums closed for awhile and push them to the new ones and used the breach as the trigger to make the move.

There are lots of things that it could be but that it was staged is not one of them.
Agent Steelers | Formerly "caslandr" | MAA Statistics Project

Destor
Agent's info

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 8:40 pm#8891

Reading this from start to finish is pretty tragic...

Inbox me for an add. LVL 300 daily player.

ddlooping
DirectorDirector
Agent's info

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 8:43 pm#8892

It is, Destor. :(

Return to “General discussion”