*PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING*

Recommended Low Spec PC Games

Deeman
Trainee agentTrainee agent
Agent's info
OP

Recommended Low Spec PC Games

PostSun Oct 02, 2016 2:19 pm#8261

Finally got a new laptop after my old one kicked the bucket (9 years of good service, so thanks Japanese engineering). It's not much spec-wise since it's mostly for work and school but, I can run tons of newer games on minimal-low specs. Anyway, any recommendations of good games (preferably RPG or Tactics) that I may have missed from the early 2000's to today?

Gunnerwolf
Agent's info

Re: Recommended Low Spec PC Games

PostSun Oct 02, 2016 2:34 pm#8262

Online PC game?

Dofus is a low specs online tactics game. Cheap subscription model ($7 per month - $50 per year). You can download it and play the first 2 area for free to see if you will like it (takes about 3-6 hours initial download/update though).

http://www.dofus.com/en/play/gunnermax
Use this^ referral link and go to Solar server (if available to your region), and I will help you start out with some good starter sets.

Deeman
Agent's info
OP

PostSun Oct 02, 2016 3:12 pm#8263

I'd prefer offline since I share an internet subscription with a bunch of people, it gets pretty laggy at times.

ddlooping
DirectorDirector
Agent's info

PostSun Oct 02, 2016 7:48 pm#8266

Deeman wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:12 pm
I'd prefer offline since I share an internet subscription with a bunch of people, it gets pretty laggy at times.
If it wasn't for the offline preference I'd strongly suggest you try "Star Wars : Galaxy of Heroes" using Leapdroid (a free Android emulator).
I'm not sure how much bandwidth/speed you need for the game so it might still be worth a try.
It has a lot of similarities with M:AA. and it runs very well on my lowly PC.
I've been having fun with SW:GoH for about 4 weeks now and it has helped a lot in alleviating the pain of losing M:AA.
A few other members are playing it too, including Toben who's almost a veteran already. :)
Check its sub-section in the forum.

MOBSTER_X
Agent's info

PostTue Oct 04, 2016 3:11 pm#8319

Grab a copy of Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition. If you like RPG's, then this one is worth hundreds of hours of entertainment, possibly thousands if you like playing through with different classes. eBay has a good number of them available, and the offline play will keep you busy for quite a while.

It ran smoothly on a PC that was running XP, with 1 GB of memory, and a GeForce 3 Ti200 AGP video card, so it should work great on any reasonably modern laptop.

patgd07
Agent's info

PostFri Oct 07, 2016 1:05 am#8369

tera ?
Heroes:166/166 lvl 15:all

Digifiend
Agent's info

PostTue Nov 01, 2016 4:08 pm#8557

The two Freedom Force games? And I can definitely support the Neverwinter Nights suggestion. I've played that and all three expansion packs. Baldur's Gate 2 is good as well (I can't support 1 in the same way - for some reason installing the expansion pack breaks the game for me).

M_brunstetter
Agent's info

PostWed Mar 29, 2017 9:01 pm#8808

MOBSTER_X wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:11 pm
Grab a copy of Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition. If you like RPG's, then this one is worth hundreds of hours of entertainment, possibly thousands if you like playing through with different classes. eBay has a good number of them available, and the offline play will keep you busy for quite a while.

It ran smoothly on a PC that was running XP, with 1 GB of memory, and a GeForce 3 Ti200 AGP video card, so it should work great on any reasonably modern laptop.
I loved the Neverwinter Nights, Icewindale type of games years ago. And that's exactly the style of game I'm looking for. Some sort of role-playing game that is party-based (you get a wizard, fighter, paladin, etc) - you get to manage the party, swap characters in and out, etc. I checked out Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition on Amazon and it seems that it won't run on Windows 10? I downloaded Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy the other day and I'm trying that out. But I REALLY want a party-based role-playing game. Something online - on ARC or STEAM perhaps? I'm open to any suggestions....TIA!

MOBSTER_X
Agent's info

PostWed Jul 12, 2017 5:19 pm#8883

M_brunstetter wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:01 pm
I loved the Neverwinter Nights, Icewindale type of games years ago. And that's exactly the style of game I'm looking for. Some sort of role-playing game that is party-based (you get a wizard, fighter, paladin, etc) - you get to manage the party, swap characters in and out, etc. I checked out Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition on Amazon and it seems that it won't run on Windows 10? I downloaded Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy the other day and I'm trying that out. But I REALLY want a party-based role-playing game. Something online - on ARC or STEAM perhaps? I'm open to any suggestions....TIA!

Sorry about the late reply...

NWN Diamond should work just fine on Windows 10. I'm running it on my 64 bit Windows Education installation, and it's running flawlessly.

Some folks who have problems can run it using XP Mode on Windows 10.

Return to “PC games”